Red Hering

THE HERING / CHAMEN FAMILY BLOG. ALL FRIENDS AND FAMILY WELCOME !!

Saturday, March 18, 2006



Took Taylor and Hunter to see the Swedish Sailing Ship " Gotheborg" which has been in the harbour for a while. It's really an awesome ship with the most intricate rigging. It's a rebuild of a ship built in 1700. I was worried about being sea sick, but it was really calm - i've been aboard a military ship in Cape Town years ago which really rocked around. Kids had lots of fun although Taylor would not go below deck because the stairs/ladder were so steep - i found it pretty easy to get down face first - was pretty suprised! Travis and Hunter had spring rolls for lunch which were so oily - ugh! Taylor and I waited to get home before eating - we don't do the oily food! Check out the link for some of the pictures.

5 Comments:

  • At 3/18/2006 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am very concerned too that Bernd did not know what a blog was, i mean what kind of computer guy is he? Thanks for sharing your pictures with me!! Wesley received taylor's e-mail he loved it.

     
  • At 3/18/2006 9:15 PM, Blogger Liesel said…

    Aahh...so glad you popped in! I thought someone had switched all the lights off in the states! Have not heard from anyone in AGES ... I know, I know , everyone is busy...just me with time on my hands :-)You must "pop around" again....

     
  • At 3/19/2006 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is soooo Cool! It's so nice to see pictures of you all. Miss you guys a lot. I have to agree, that B+W picture of you is pretty hot. It needs to be bigger.

     
  • At 3/21/2006 11:17 AM, Blogger whatalotoffun said…

    Nice photo's the kids are getting big. Danielle's school is just around the corner so i drive past your house everyday, see them playing cricket on the grass.

     
  • At 3/29/2006 3:40 PM, Blogger whatalotoffun said…

    hello anybody home.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home